Saturday, February 12, 2011

Family Fun

Back in January I booked a room at the Disneyland Hotel for a little family get away. With me being out of commission for a little bit I thought it would be a fun treat when I got back to "normal". I even asked Damon to take 2 days off of work for it. The kids didn't have school on Friday so it worked even better. Damon and I decided not to tell the kids and it was a hard secret to keep from them.

So Thursday morning I sent the kids off to school and had told them that they had a dentist appointment and that I would be picking them up a little bit early. Yes, I told a lie, but I didn't want them to assume what we were doing when I picked them up. Damon was in the car when the kids got there and that surprised them. Then we passed the dentist office and then they started asking questions. By the time we past Oceanside they were really confused. Damon and I were laughing as we told them that we were driving to Oregon. Noah looked in the back and noticed there was luggage. He doesn't like surprised at all so he totally started freaking out. He demanded that we tell them where we were going and after a few minutes of kidding around we told them. They weren't excited until we told them where we were staying. Most kids get excited about going to Disneyland. Not mine.
Well, the real surprise came for all of us when we checked into the Disneyland Hotel and ended up being the Family of the Day! I had reserved one of their basic rooms, without a view and that hadn't been updated, at a discount price. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite with a view of the Parks on the top floor. This suite was bigger than our house, almost, and the views were so amazing. It had 2 bathrooms. We almost just felt like hanging out in the hotel the whole time. My kids are never going to want to stay anywhere else. It was a flashback trip for Damon and I as we took the kids to see Captain EO. We laughed our heads off. The kids like it, but my favorite thing was Adam asking after it was over, "Was that a guy or a girl? I couldn't tell." He was referring to Michael Jackson. We also went to Electronica where they started it out by playing 80's songs and talking about the super computer. We laughed again as we sang along to the music.

We had a fun 2 days at the park with turn down service and room service at the hotel and no waiting in lines on Thursday. Friday was a bit more crowded, but we still managed to have fun and see World of Color. We loved spending time together as a whole family which makes me feel truly blessed. My favorite thing is to here the words, "Thanks Mom. This is the best day ever!" I got a lot of those.



No comments: