On March 13th my Grandfather, Ray Horspool, passed away. He was a wonderful man who served his country and his family. Over the past 5 years he suffered from dementia/Alzheimer's. It was hard to watch this proud, strong, independent man lose his memories and his abilities to take care of himself. I know that he is now with my grandma who passed away almost 14 years ago. I can only imagine how sweet of a reunion that was. I have so many memories of being at my grandparents house in Riverside. I had my wedding reception there. There were family parties and youth parties and huge easter egg hunts. These are memories that I will always treasure. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to know him and I can't wait to see him again. A picture of my grandpa going down the slide at his house. I think he built that pool for the grandkids or at least the slide and diving board.




2 comments:
What a sweet post - I'm so sorry - my grandma had alzheimers and it was so hard to watch her suffer through it all!
Thank you for sharing these photos, Rachel.
Post a Comment