Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 2 of Spring Break

I can tell that the break is starting to get to me because I'm not posting very much. We still very much enjoy our lazy mornings and our more relaxed schedule, but all this together time can cause slight problems even for the best of siblings. We are trying to not let it dampen our fun.


Monday(4/11)- We had to get to the grocery store and visit a few other places. While there the kids smelled something and Lily asked, "What is that yummy smell?" I told her it was fried chicken. She said she wanted some and then Adam said the same. Noah didn't want to try it (of course not, but then regretted it later) so Adam and Lily got their first taste of fried chicken. They loved it. I would too if it wasn't so bad for me. After that we went and got yummy smoothies from Jamba Juice. Something simple, but fun.



Tuesday- Disneyland! We left early, stayed late and completely wore ourselves out. The kids all won animals at the Boardwalk. We stayed to watch Fantasmic! We had a super great time even if it was a little bit more crowded than what I prefer.Wednesday- On the way home from Disneyland Noah asked if Wednesday could be a recovery day from Tuesday and wanted to just hang around the house. That was fine by me. It was a nice relaxing day for the kids. I had to work a lot. Noah finished off all his requirements for his Arrow of light at Cub Scouts that night. YEA! He will get that award in May.







Thursday- the weather was turning warm again and a great, wonderful friend of mine, April suggested that we go to the Wild Animal Park, which is called the Safari Park now. So we did that and had a great time. The kids got to see lots of fun animals, ride a safari train through Africa and have some fun treats. The kids all had a great time.
Friday-with the weather at about 85*F we headed to the beach! The kids picked Coronado Island, which I love! We had a delightful few hours there. The kids got to run around dig in the sand and I got to read a book and relax. The lifeguards announced that there were a lot of sting rays in the water so there was no one in the water. Noah sat right next to the water for about an hour hoping to catch sight of one. Saturday- up to Mortensen Manor for the weekend. Damon had two shows in Riverside (show season again!) so we decided to make a weekend of it. The kids are so happy to be with their cousins. They played with the new baby chicks, slipped on the slip n slide and swam in a cold pool. Another fun day!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks more like Summer to me....I can't believe that you are actually still in the thick of it!