Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th Weekend fun!


We've been having lots of fun this extra long weekend.

Saturday we got our chores done early and then headed to Coronado Island to go to the beach.  It was a lovely day and we had a fun time.  The kids caught some waves and were just all smiles and happy to be there with mom and dad.

Sunday we drove to the Inland Empire to participate in some family fun.  Our niece, Sophie, was blessed and lots of fun was had.  The whole family with their except my brother, but he called so he would feel included.

Monday we were actually at home for the 4th and watched our neighborhood's parade for the first time.  We met up with our friend's, the Woodard's, and watched the parade with them.  Later that day we went back to their house to BBQ and enjoy the 4th.  Good food and good friends.  Sadly no pictures.  I just plum forgot the camera.  After the kids went to bed Damon and I finished off the 4th by reading some quotes from some of the amazing men that have lead this country in one way or another.  It was a fabulous day.

I love this holiday.  It's one of my favorites.  I love this country.  I love the principles that it was founded on.  I love hearing my children sing patriotic songs with their sweet voices.  Happy 235th  Birthday America!   "Long may our land be bright, with freedom's holy light, protect us by the might, Great God our King!

1 comment:

Julie and Pete said...

Good times! I love the 4th too. Missed you guys like always!