We decided to celebrate my birthday a little early and go to Disneyland on Oct. 20th. Apparently everyone else decided to go that day as well. It was to crowded for our taste. We managed to go on a few rides and find a few smiles. It was bitter sweet because it was the last time we were going on our passes and we aren't renewing them.
The next day Damon stayed home from work to hang out with me while the kids were at school. That's what I wanted for my birthday. We had a relaxing morning, played some tennis, went to the grocery store, watched some cooking shows and Mythbusters and just enjoyed some downtime. Then the kids came home. We managed to have some fun with them too. I think we watched a few episodes of Phineas and Ferb.
Saturday, which was my actual 35th (there I said it) birthday, I woke up with a bit of a sinus headache, but didn't think much about it. I did take something. I stayed in bed until 10:30am reading a fabulous book (I'm so sad I finished it because now the story is over). By 2pm my head would not stop hurting. Damon was at a scout thing all day with Noah. To make the rest of the day short I stayed in bed until about 8:30pm when the headache finally subsided. Wasn't the best way to spend my birthday, but I was so happy when my head finally stopped hurting. I also got to talk to lots of friends and family on the phone which is always wonderful!
Sunday we finished up the birthday festivities with dinner, cake and ice cream. None of which was prepared by me (woohoo!) The kids were so proud of the dinner and dessert they helped make. They even plated it very nicely. Apparently they have been taking notes from Chopped. I was proud of them too. I almost wish I could celebrate more than one birthday a year, almost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday once again!
Which book were you reading?!?!?
Post a Comment