+
I love the Olympics. I'm trying to get my kids to love them too. Now that everyone is old enough to understand the games we thought we would have a little fun with them. This year is even more fun because the Olympics are in a city that we love.
=
I think I love this more than the rings down in Sydney in 2000.
We all picked a country that we would support during the games (of course we really only want the U.S. to win). Adam- U.S., Lily-France (there's a suprise), Noah-Brazil, Damon-New Zealand, Rachel-Australia, Nana-United Kingdom, Papa- China. We decorated the house with Olympic flags and flags from the countries we are cheering on. We are also keeping a medal count for our country.
For opening ceremonies I tried to sell the kids on English food, but they weren't to excited by that. We settled for a union jack flag appetizer, hamburgers and Olympic cupcakes for dessert.
The kids got to watch the ceremony until 9:30pm and then finished it up in the morning. They kept track of the number of athletes their country had. It's been fun this year. I know a lot of people said that the opening was boring, but I loved it. It had bits of craziness and silliness, but I loved seeing Kenneth Branagh, J.K. Rowling and Mary Poppins and Voldemort. They didn't sell me on a nationalized health care system though.
Saturday we camped out in front of the TV and squeezed chores into watching the Olympics. It's a good thing we have a DVR. It makes watching it easier. We've loved every minute of it so far.
Saturday night the Mortensen's and Grandma came down to go to the Summer Pops with us. They had a tribute to ABBA band. It was fabulous good fun. We love Summer Pops. It's the best thing to do during the summer. I think my sister sang along with every song. We met some parrots on the way to the concert.
Lots of fun this weekend! Riley is here to stay with us for a few days. We are very excited about that. It will be a fun week too.



No comments:
Post a Comment