Ok, Rach and the kids are out of town for spring break. I decided to hijack dinner #22 and make something that I will probably never get at home as a family meal - some seafood! I am not a wiz in the kitchen like Rach so I kept it simple. Thanks to the kind folks at Food.com for the help!
Dinner #22 -
Lemon & Herb Chilean Salmon on a bed of seasoned long grain and wild rice, served with roasted asparagus (yeah, that was a mouthful - I am all ready for Chopped!)
Salmon:
http://www.food.com/recipe/lemon-herb-salmon-127788
I left out the rosemary and dill weed, and used sea salt instead of kosher (not sure what the difference is)
Roasted Asparagus:
http://www.food.com/recipe/roasted-asparagus-50847
Rice:
Ok, cheated here a bit. But it was very tasty! Thanks Rice-A-Roni!
It was super simple and it did not make too much of a mess. And it actually tasted pretty good. It was a little more tangy than I thought it would be, so maybe I should have added more sugar (or used less sour lemons). In any case, I will be enjoying it for the next few days as I made 6 fillets and only got through about 1.5 of them tonight. Just need to get the fish smell out of the house before Rach gets back!
Enjoy!
2 comments:
Nice plating. Would have looked better with something dark in the glass though. Ill have to show the kids and let them rank it.
I'm proud of you Damon! When you come and visit, Aaron and you can go to a nice seafood restaurant together.
Post a Comment