Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Spa, Baseball and a Recital. Oh My!


The end of the business. Now we can finally relax. Ya right. Until the next stressful period, but it is nice to know that there is a bit of a breather right now. I really needed one. Now if school would just end. 4 more weeks!!

Friday the girls headed off to the spa to get mani's and pedi's. Lily was in heaven having her feet and legs rubbed. Then she got flowers on every single finger. She looks like a flower garden. We did some shoe shopping after that and then some clothes shopping. We called Damon to see if he wanted to meet us for lunch. So he joined the girls day at Soup Plantation. Lily couldn't wait to show her daddy her toesies (as she calls them).







Saturday we busy running around getting last minute things for the recital. Adam was given the sportsmanship award for his team so he had to attend closing ceremonies. He also won some gloves and got a medal. He thought it was a great day.




The piano recital was great. Our theme this year was musicals. All the kids worked hard on learning one song from any musical. Adam learned "Spoonful of Sugar". Noah learned "Edelweiss". They both did a great job. I took the easy route and played "Music of the Night". I played that in a recital back in 1992. Right before I started to play a fire alarm went off. Fun stuff. It was eventually shut off and everything finished on time. I am glad this recital is behind us and I don't have to think about it again until next January. Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of the boys playing the piano. I will try harder next year. Much thanks to Damon who continues to help without complaint during recital time. I sure do love him.


Now it's time to start planning for summer.


One More thing.. ... YEA LAKERS!! CONGRATS! Fishman you are the best

4 comments:

Heather said...

Your life seems as busy as mine! I always think it will settle down and than something else happens that is just as busy and crazy!

MBlairsLars said...

I miss not being able to go to another piano recital, but good for you that you are done with so much. Soon you can relax (when school is out)!

Julie and Pete said...

You didn't tell me about the fire alarm! Was the recital at the library? My toesies need some tlc too!

Julie and Pete said...

Julie forgot to mention that the Lakers got lucky that Garnett was injured. I'm declaring an * attached to the 09 title.