When Damon and I were in France we were able to go to the American Cemetery on Omaha Beach. I'm sure the one up in Flanders Field in Belgium is just as nice. While there we heard many stories of men and women who didn't have to fight, but chose to and ended up giving their life while saving others. It was a very moving day for both of us and left an impression in our hearts that we won't ever forget.
Today we honor you, are Veterans, past and present, for the service and sacrifice to a country and freedoms that you love and protect. Our hope is that our children can grow up with the same amount of courage, respect and honor that the brave men and women who serve our country have or have had. We thank you.
A picture of my grandfather's navy uniform from his funeral. He served both in WWII and the Korean War. He passed away earlier this year. The last remaining WWI veteran passed away earlier this year at the age of 110. Think of his stories.
We had the day off from school. We went to the zoo, but I forgot my camera. We had a lovely day there.
We had the day off from school. We went to the zoo, but I forgot my camera. We had a lovely day there.




No comments:
Post a Comment