Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dinner #29.1

So I have to make 3 extra meals to make a total of 29 new meals.  Today was supposed to be a busy day, but baseball was cancelled and everything just kind of fell into place.  We also had Dr. Seuss Night at school.  I made dinner today at 11:30am and threw it in the crock pot until we were ready to eat at at 5:30pm.  I also had a few extra minutes to make some bread for lunches tomorrow.  The kids all ate dinner.  It was yummy! 

Dinner #29.1

Easy Vegetable Beef Soup

Seasoning Blend 
1/2 onion
4 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt 
 
Soup
  • 1 lb ground beef sirloin
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • 1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained, chopped(I used diced tomatoes.  I don't like big chunks.)
  • 1 can (8 oz)  tomato sauce 

  •  In small bowl, mix all seasoning blend ingredients.

    In skillet, cook beef and seasoning blend over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain

    Stir remaining ingredients into big pot and the beef. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Ladle soup into 6 bowls.


    I did brown my meat in a skillet with the seasoning and then put everything into my crock pot and let it cook for 6 hours on low.  It worked out well and then I didn't have to be around all day.  Either way will work.  The kids talked about how colorful it was.  They also talked about how yummy it was.  Enjoy!

    No comments: