Friday, March 30, 2012

fun times!

It's almost spring break and I am glad.  I've never really felt so ready for a break.  At the end of each week I am so worn out and tired.  I'm not the only one who feels this way, but that's never seemed to have happened to our family before.  It is sad.
 Our great friends, the Melanson's, came down to visit during their spring break. We were so excited to see them even if it was only for 2 days.  My kids have never really not known them.  It's fun to watch them grow up.  The adults were able to go out to dinner.  It seems so easy now that we don't have to find a sitter and all of them pretty much take care of themselves.  It used to be such a hassle when they were little.  We were sad to see them go and sorry we couldn't join them at Disneyland. 

 Lily's class went on a field trip to Sea World.  We had a lot of fun together.  It was a great day.  Lily went on Atlantis for the first time as well as Riptide.  She can't wait to go back and ride them again.

 baseball/choir-Adam seems to be keeping us very busy these days.  This week he had 2 baseball games and a choir concert.

 new cake-I made a chocolate marble pound cake.  It was good.  I also made a Chocolate sour cream cake.  That was good too.  I made them from scratch.  It wasn't to hard.



tennis-Lily just finished up a month of tennis lessons.  I'm a horrible mom and didn't take any pictures.  She enjoyed it though.

swim/carpool-Noah just finished up cotillion (which he is so very sad about.  HA!)  We are also still going strong with swimming (he set a goal to do a 50 free in 33 seconds).  Mom is happy to be done with carpool for a week.  No pictures of carpool.  Just picture 6 tweens who are grumpy and loud.

It's a fun time of life!!  Can't wait for conference this weekend.  Should be great.

No comments: