Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break-day 2

Skiing!  Lily wasn't going to go so Damon was going to stay home with her.  She was scared to try skiing.  I was set with just going with the boys, but then Damon decided he wanted to go as well.  We ended up telling Lily she was going to try skiing.
After a nice leisurely breakfast we went to the ski shop and got fitted with skis.  Lily cried because she was the only one who didn't get poles.  It's been 16 years since I've been skiing and I must say that I enjoy the newer style of skis better then the long, narrow ones. 
We skied a half day at Snow Summit.  I was glad for the half day because after 4 hours I was done in.  The kids had never been and I didn't want to bother with lessons so they got a real basic ski class from me.  Here is how it went... 1)If you want to go fast point your skis downhill.  2)If you want to go slow make a triangle with the tip in front, it's called snow plow.  3) If you fall down fall to the left or right. 4) When you fall down point your skis perpendicular to the hill so you don't start going down the hill. 5) Have fun and don't fall when getting off the ski lift.
 It was a little touch and go at first and a bit of yelling from me, but after the first run everyone seemed to have figured it out and we all had a great day.  By the end of the day the kids were all bored with the bunny hill.  We were all very exhausted afterwards.  It was a great day!  The kids are already talking about doing it again next ski season.

No comments: