Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A forced stop!

Well we were sort of complaining about how ultra busy we have been and how we've had no time to relax, slow down or spend time together. All I have to say is, "that will teach us".

After church on Sunday Adam started to not feel well.  He ended up having major stomach pains and he threw up twice.  His stomach would go through waves of cramping.  I called the Dr. and the after hours office said there was a stomach virus going around and it was probably that.

He stayed home from school and I quarantined him and cleaned the whole house.  I didn't want it to go through the whole family.  Monday afternoon the pain got so localized to his lower right side that I was worried that it was his appendix.  We ended up going to the ER.  They ran some tests.  It was his appendix.  He was admitted Monday night and scheduled for his operation on Tuesday morning.

He did well in the operation and has been very brave during this whole process. Either Mom or Dad has been at the hospital with him the whole time.  He enjoyed his visit with Noah and Lily even though it was only for a few minutes. A hospital is not a place for lengthy visits with children.  Grandpa came down to visit and help out.  Adam enjoyed that a lot.
This experienced has made us cancel everything. Reevaluate everything and focus on the most important thing: Family.

No comments: