Our friends, the Melanson's, were in town this past week for a work conference. They were in Anaheim. We had planned to spend a day or two with them. However, life kept getting in the way. Damon and I couldn't seem to get our schedules together to see them and the kids are super busy right now so that wasn't working either. We didn't think we would be able to get together at all.
We figured out a plan and even though it didn't include Damon, who was busy with a luau, the kids and I ended up driving up to Anaheim early Saturday morning. The fun thing was that the kids didn't know what was planned so Saturday morning while they were sitting around at 6:45am watching cartoons I handed them all a sheet of paper. It happened to be their Disneyland ticket. It didn't dawn on them at first, but it only took 5 seconds to realize what was happening. I wish they moved that fast on a school day. They were ready to leave at 7:30am.
We spent a nice, but hot (hottest day on record for us) day at Disneyland with Pete and Julie. The park wasn't even that crowded. I was a bit surprised by that. We haven't been to the park on a Saturday. The kids loved being back at Disneyland (it's been a year... shocking I know) and really loved spending the day with Pete and Julie.
Pete and Julie eventually had to leave to catch their flight back to Oregon, but we stayed and played for a few more hours. On our way out we rain into our old babysitter Kaitlyn. She used to go with us to Disneyland a lot too. That was fun to see her too.
All in all a good day. Even the drive home wasn't bad. We were exhausted when we got home, but are glad we made the effort to see our friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment