Sunday, September 30, 2012

Having fun...Again.

Life gets away from us some times.  We get so wrapped up in school, work, church and extra-curriculars (all good things by the way) that we forget to relax and have a little fun together.  Damon and I have talked about this a couple of times this week.  So when we found ourselves with an open weekend we decided to have fun.  The only problem was we couldn't think of anything "fun" to do.

Over the past month I've driven by a sign in Poway advertising their rodeo.  I always thought that would be a great family activity, but hadn't done anything about it.  Then yesterday a friend posted on Facebook if anyone wanted to go to the Poway Rodeo.  That was the final push for me.  I ran it by Damon and he hesitantly said that we should do it.

So the kids dug out there bandannas and we moseyed over to the Poway Rodeo.  The kids wanted to buy some cowboys hats.  So they brought some money to do a little shopping.  They found their hats and we found some seats.  We ran into lots of friends there.
 

 
 
We had a blast at the rodeo.  The kids really got into it.  We can't decide what competition we liked best.  The kids like the Jr. Barrel Racing.  Damon and I like the bull riding. Lily and I didn't like the calf tying competition.  Steer wrestling was kind of cool.

All in all, a successful night of family fun. 

No comments: