The weather right now is very reminiscent of our Christmas's in Oregon. They are getting lots of snow right now, so I am happy with the rain, but wish I didn't have to be out in it. I thought I had to volunteer in the library at school so Lily and I got all bundled up and found the umbrella and went to school. We found out after we arrived that they kids aren't having library this week. The umbrella didn't do much good because the rain is coming in all directions and not just down. After we got home we had to change our clothes. I don't miss being out in the rain all the time.
Things I have to remember before the big storms start...
1. After wind storms empty gutters.
2. Hang up gutters before rain starts.
3. If you don't have to go out, don't.
4. Make sure all drains are unclogged.
5. Turn automatic sprinklers off or you end up with a swamp
6. Make sure your garage is clear so when the rain comes you don't have to park in the driveway. What a pain.
None of these are fun to do in the freezing, cold rain. I still don't know how I am going to get my kids home from school today. We don't have rain gear. At least it is not snow.

3 comments:
We haven't gotten our plates out yet and now I'm not sure when it will be! Your room is looking great!! I would take the rain over snow anyday. Is your offer still up for the office?!
Julie
It looks great Rachel, I need to come over to check it out in person. I agree the rain is pretty weird, we haven't had this much in a long time!
I loved the banana bread, the kids loved the cookies, your little house is coming right along and looking great... and go out and get some rain gear!:0)
Post a Comment