Saturday, December 27, 2008

'Twas the Day After Christmas

"Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house tiny creatures were crawling, they're smaller than a mouse. After fighting for weeks to evict them from here we threw up our hands and said, "the end is near." The professionals came and took care of the ants and to our relief there were no more in our pants. (figuratively speaking).

With all the rain we have had ant problems and I finally got tired of dealing with the problem myself. So yesterday we signed up to have the ant guys come over every other month to take care of the problem. I am totally OK with that. The only downside was that we had to be out of our house for two hours. So we piled up the kids and took them out to lunch, to run errands and then to get a treat. Everyone enjoyed our family time together. (Pictures to follow. I can't find the cord to hook up my new camera to the computer.)

We had a great Christmas day. It was kind of an adventure. We opened presents, had breakfast and left for Damon's aunt's house. We have spent every Christmas there except the 2 we stayed in Oregon. It was nice to see all the family. We had to battle the weather the whole drive to Riverside as well as Noah getting car sick. After Aunt Sue's we went to Redlands to spend Christmas evening with my family. The kids enjoyed playing with their cousins. We ended the evening with some very loud rounds of PIT. It was fun to see my mom participate. She usually doesn't like to play games with her over competitive, cut throat family.


The nice thing about the ant man coming was it forced us to clean up all of our Christmas stuff. Our house looks like it did before the addition of 20 million new things. (again figuratively speaking)

We hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas too. Now, bring on that New Year!

4 comments:

MBlairsLars said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas...sorry about your ant problem. Thanks Damien for helping with the sofa (it was a huge problem that you helped fix). You guys are the best!

Heather said...

I am actually so sad that Christmas is over - we are still up in freezing cold Park City! But, it has been a lot of fun!
I hate to come home and face the messy house, mail and laundry! Yuck!

Julie and Pete said...

I'm trying to get up the nerve to clean up our stuff. It's going to be tomorrow.....
Julie

Keira said...

We had some ants this morning. Only when we have big weather shifts do we get the ants. I just ran out of spray and I HATE ants. Nathan will bring me more bug killer tonight.