CHRISTMAS!!!!!
(sorry the tree is sideways. I haven't figured out how to rotate pictures yet)
After we were done with the inside we headed outside to hang up lights and clean up the garage a little bit. The lights are up and working and look great. We have been dealing with a bit of a rat problem in our garage. We finally found where they have been hanging out. I had no idea that rats eat snails. We found a whole bunch of empty snail shells next to large quantities of rat pebbles. Lovely. So we cleaned that all up. Next comes out the snail poison closely followed by rat poison. I figure if we get rid of the snails the rats will go away. I also tried to convince Damon that this was the perfect time to get a cat, but he didn't buy that. So I asked my neighbor to start letting their cat back out to go hunting. Hopefully the problem will be taken care of soon.
The house is warm and cozy again. For a week it looked so stark after taking down all the fall decor. We are all excited to finally feel like Christmas is near.

8 comments:
Good job Rachel, it looks like fun. Isn't always great to decorate your home for Christmas, and sad when it comes down.
I am loving the sideways tree!
Don't you just love Christmas?
I wish my house could look like this for at least half of the year!
BTW - The fireplace looks beautiful! Way to go Damon! Do you rent him out at all?
I think the sideways Christmas tree adds great personality! Glad to see you are enjoying the season!
Your mantle looks so great. I haven't seen any pics since you tore down the old one.
We set up the tree before the baby came. I knew if I didn't do it then that I might not get to it.
Yeah! It's decorated!! I love the kids tree too. I'm already dreading the emptiness that comes when it all comes down!
Julie
You always were a fabulous decorator and I'm impressed with Damon's skills too! Maybe you'll have to come to Texas to decorate . . . oh, and take care of a new baby and some rowdy twins!
Yuck - rats - hey, that makes me glad we have a cat now. If we get that problem we can send her loose! I always worry about that since we have so much food storage in our garage. Your house looks great! Love the red paint! So sorry you are dealing with rain - boo hoo. (o: C'mon! California has made you a weather wimp again! (o: So spoiled with all that sunshine! Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment