
Today was Civil Rights Day. What that really means to me is another day off from school. We had planned to do nothing, but a few minor project around the house. Nice, relaxing, low key day. My sister called Sunday afternoon and said she wanted to come down with her kids and go to the tide pools. New plans were made. Laundry was started early and the house was cleaned. So much for my nice relaxing day, but we love having our family come down to visit. My kids enjoy playing with their cousins.
So we headed on down to La Jolla Cove to go look at the tide pools. Unfortunately we arrived right as the tide finis
hed going out and then immediately started coming back in. We did see some crabs and sea anemones and lots of barnacles. It wasn't a completely wasted tide pool visit. The kids all liked standing on the edge of the rocks and watching the big waves (which have been rather huge lately) crash into the rocks and make big splashes. They all loved it when they got sprayed.
After the tide pools we walked down to seal beach to enjoy watching the California seals lounge on the side and rocks. The smell finally drove us away. The seals at Sea World don't smell half as bad as the ones in nature. It must be their diet. The kids were more excited to play with the sand then they were to watch the seals. At least as parents we try.We headed back to my house for a big late lunch of hamburgers and hot dogs. My family has left now, the house is all clean and the kids are even ready for bed. Yippie! I am all ready for 24 now. I love living in Southern California. It feels like summer. I forget it is January.

3 comments:
I'm glad it was a good day with the fam. Good pics!
Julie
What a fun day- we did something similar and went to Del Mar on Saturday and Maddie went boogie boarding today with a friend. Doesn't seem like January!
By the way - did you call me? I saw on a note by the phone Rachel called and I only know of two other rachel's and they don't live near here.
For your next family adventure...a trip to Phoenix! Too boring for the whole fam? Then, I will settle for just you!
Post a Comment