Thursday, February 5, 2009

Field Trip Thursday


Due to baseball season starting and piano lessons having to be rescheduled we had to have a short field trip today. We went to the duck pond at the Scripps Ranch Library and fed the ducks. It was the most fun time we have had there. There were so many ducks and they were all starving. So if you live nearby go feed the ducks. They are hungry. They ate right out of our hands. Even the geese were behaving themselves just to get a morsel of bread. Lily didn't enjoy having the goose nibble on her finger. It is sort of a right of passage I think. Everyone should get bitten on the finger by a goose at least once in their life. My mom used to take us to the duck pond at Encanto Park. I was probably about Lily's age the first time a goose got me, but I survived and I told her she would too. The kids were sad when we ran out of bread and so was I. We told the ducks goodbye and that we would visit soon. That was our day. Enjoy the pictures.
I didn't have the zoom on. The geese were right at my feet!

3 comments:

Heather said...

How fun! I used to do that all of the time with my kids! I took Parker last year and a goose bit his shirt - he lost it and now he has no desire to visit or feed them if there are geese nearby!

Keira said...

I remember being bitten by a duck at that age. She'll remember it forever. And those geese do get a bit rough...

Julie and Pete said...

I have never been bitten by a goose or duck, just attacked by a rooster!!