Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Love Day!


We call Valentine's day "Love Day!" in our house. It started about 6:30am when I snuck out of the house and ran to the store to get balloons and donuts for everyone. I snuck back in and arranged balloons, breakfast, gifts and drinks on the table for 4 people. Then I just waited for the faces to light up. They did and thanks were given.

After breakfast it was on to church for an activity for the kids. They had fun and I relaxed in the genealogy library with some research to do. Later Damon and I went out to the Temple and then to our new favorite Saturday Chinese Food place. Our sitter told us we had to be home by 8pm because she had plans. We were and we finished off the night with a yummy dessert and a movie, "The Saint." Now, who doesn't want to drool over Val Kilmer on Love Day?

5 comments:

Heather said...

Cute Rachel - I love what you did for the Kiddies!

Jen said...

You are such an awesome mom! I don't think I would get up at 6:30 to get balloons. Lucky kids! (o:

Julie and Pete said...

Fun love day. I need you around to get me to do things like get the balloons! Lucky kids.

Julie and Pete said...

Okay, I just read Jens comment. I swear I'm not a copy cat!!

Jenny Updike said...

So what is your new favorite chinese place? You are making me look like a terrible mom, you know that right? Stop being so dang wonderful!