Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Fun!

We had a busy and fun weekend celebrating our Nation's birthday. We are so blessed to be a part of this nation where we have freedom. We are very grateful for our founding fathers who took a chance and committed treason to form a new country. I can't even imagine what a risk that was for them and their families. It was a leap of faith and the Lord blessed them for it and the United States was born. I can't say I am proud of what the nation has become, or its people for that matter, but I am proud of what it was founded upon and am happy to live here.


On Friday July 3rd Damon and I were able to go to the symphony downtown. It was the summer pops and they were performing a "Stars & Stripes Spectacular." We were treated to lots of patriotic melodies as well as some American classics. At the end they played "Stars & Stripes Forever" and launched fireworks off from a boat in the harbor. It was great. We had dinner in Seaport village. We really enjoy our downtown area. We walked the Embarcadaro path and saw the Midway Museum all lit up in patriotic colors.












On the 4th of July we started the day off with sourdough waffles for breakfast. We met up with the Shoff's for some pool time fun. We came back here for a BBQ and the Afualo relay races. The kids had a balloon toss and then the adults did. The food was great, the company was great and the kids behaved. Always a plus. The kids even did a little program. The flag cake, as always, was fabulous.














After the kitchen was clean and the kids were in bed we put in "National Treasure". We felt like that would be an appropriate movie to watch. I fell asleep 25 minutes into the movie. Apparently I had had a busy day. Happy Birthday America!

1 comment:

Julie and Pete said...

You had a good 4th! Can't wait to see you.