Sunday, July 19, 2009

Road trip day 4-5



Friday morning was a very lazy morning. After a nice breakfast we made it over to Tillamook for some great, great ice cream. What can get better than that. We drove past a fruit stand and stopped. We got to sample some fruit and veggies and ended up buying lots of fabulous Oregon raspberries and blackberries. I had forgotten what they actually taste like. So sweet and yummy.
We went back to the house and headed out to the beach. Again the crazy kids went in the water. This time they were in their suits. Adam learned how to fly a kite and spent the whole time doing that. When you walked on the sand it made a squawking sound. I kept looking around for seagulls.







That night we made smores and the kids had a slumber party in one room. The adults took on "The Newlywed Game". That was pretty funny. Damon and I lost the game. I guess we don't know each other as well as we think.


Saturday morning we cleaned the house and then headed out to Seaside. We did some shopping (tax free! whoo hoo!!) We went to the beach, walked the promenade, rode on the carousel and got some salt water taffy.






It is hard being back in Oregon at our favorite time to be here. Damon keeps asking if we should move back. It is really beautiful here and so simple. It isn't some booming metropolis, but it is very comfy.

We decided we couldn't wait any longer to see Harry Potter. We left the kids, went to dinner and then hit the movies. I haven't passed judgement on the movie yet. I am on the fence with it. It is great to be back with friends. We haven't stopped laughing since we have been here.

2 comments:

Julie and Pete said...

Yes you should move back!! We are loving you being here and having a great time.

Heather said...

No you should not move back - what a silly idea!
Glad you're back!