
We have a Spanish Program at our school and every year they put on a big party. Well, due to budget issues and a not so great superintendent our Spanish program is being cut. We made a special effort to get to the party tonight.

We ate tacos and quesadillas and for a treat we bought some freshly made churros. The kids helped make the decorations in their Spanish classes. They had dances displaying all sorts of dance styles from different Spanish countries. Lily enjoyed the Carnival dancers the best. She wanted to get up on stage and dance with them. She settled for a picture.

Adam is very sad to see the Spanish program go. His teacher this year, Senorita Montiel, also taught Noah and has known Lily since she was a baby. We said goodbye to her as we left. She would never laugh when I would try to speak Spanish to her.
We had a fun night, but the best part was that I didn't have to make dinner. Yippie.

4 comments:
The only thing I think I could say is, "No Running!" What is that again? I love it when I don't have to make dinner.
those are always good nights!
Girl - you have been busy and it isn't even technically summer for you yet! One more week, right?
Hmmm.. I like the carnival dancers best too.... :)
Post a Comment