Monday, July 26, 2010

Family Reunion part 2

Saturday was a fun and busy day. We went on two hikes. Damon and I were able to go on one hike without the kids. It was a little bit tougher and took us to the bottom of the canyon. We went with my aunt and my cousin. There were fascinating rock formations and spectacular views. It was amazing.

The second hike we went up to Mossy Caves and hiked to a waterfall. The kids wore their swim suits and had a blast sliding down rocks and stomping through the water. It really was pretty. Adam was jumping from rock to rock just absolutely loving it. I found out that I do have children who enjoy the wilderness.
We went back to the campsight and had lunch with the family and played games. We had a water balloon contest, played water volleyball, jello slurping contest and just pure silliness. The kids had a lot of fun with all their new found cousins. I enjoyed catching up with all the ones I haven't seen in forever.
We left around 4pm and drove back to St. George. Damon has to leave on Sunday, but the kids and I are hanging out for a few extra days.

1 comment:

Heather said...

How funny - I actually saw Damon today and not you! I told him great testimony even though I wasn't in your sacrament meeting! {i know he has a testimony!} and I WANT MY PRESENT!!!! :0)