Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happenings

It was a busy week, but it usually is. Here is what we did.

Lots of swimming lessons. Lily is getting better at swimming every day. She has figured out side breathing and is now on to conquering breast stroke. Wish her luck.

Noah had a play at school called, "Gold Dust or Bust". It was a cute musical play telling the story of the California Gold rush of the mid 1800's. He played an Argonaut. They were the Europeans who sailed all the way to California to find gold. I have found Noah's studies of California history interesting because it is new to me. I learned AZ history at his age.

Our field trip on Thursday consisted of being at the pool all day until the lightening and thunder sent us running for home to avoid the rain that came later.

Friday was a fun night for the family. We went to the Padres game. They were playing the Arizona Diamondbacks. It was a little boring at first, but come the 4th inning the Padres figured out how to hit and scored 5 runs. I loved hearing all the fam sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch. The kids loved watching the fireworks and the flames erupt whenever someone scored a home run.

Today I auditioned for a San Diego Choir. We will see how that goes. This afternoon we drove up to MoValley to spend time with my family at my Aunt Karin's house. The kids loved playing with the blowup water slides. I didn't even see them all afternoon.


2 late nights in a row make for some very grumpy children and some really exhausted parents. Hopefully we can use tomorrow as a day of rest. 4 more days til school is done.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Karin has a blow up pool? That's awesome! At the Red Sox games they would sing Sweet Caroline. I have no idea why. They just would.

Keira said...

Yay! School is out this week. When do you start up again?