Friday, September 24, 2010

Creative Dating

Part of our "Carpe Diem" theme for the year was better dates for Damon and I. I was tired of always getting a sitter and then planning the whole date and all that goes along with it. So once a month one of us has to plan a date that is centered less around doing "nothing".

Damon had September and the only weekend we had left for a date was our "No Spending Week". This created an even tougher challenge since we couldn't spend money on a sitter or go anywhere that cost money. I gave Damon an easy out and told him we should have a picnic lunch somewhere while the kids were at school. That's what we did. I picked him up from work with a basket full of yummy food. We drove to La Jolla and had lunch at the park at The Shores. It was nice, simple and fun. It allowed us some relaxing time during the middle of the day where we could talk without being mental tired or having the kids running around. We finished off the date, after the kids went to bed, with watching a DVD I checked out from the library. The movie was "We Are Marshall". So good, but sad. We will see what is in store for next month.

A tasty treat I made for dessert tonight that we were able to enjoy while watching the newest episode of Phineus and Ferb with the kids. We all love that show. It's called Chocolate Zucchini Ganache Cupcakes. YUM!

A little out of focus, but it was the best one I got!

3 comments:

MBlairsLars said...

I need to date my husband more. I think that is a great idea about coming up with the date idea...I'll have to try it. The only problem is there is absolutely nothing to do here!

Heather said...

Don't show this post to my hubby - waves of jealousy will be flying - he would love to go out to lunch and be together all the time and don't even get me started on how he feels about weekly dates - I swear I am the dude in the relationship!

Keira said...

I love that you have to put some effort into thinking about it. Nathan and I usually ask each other, 'Where do you want to go?' as we're driving away from the house.