Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The End & The Beginning

Summer is officially over! I always wonder where the time went. We did not to anything to crazy this year, but we managed to have a little bit of fun.

Labor Day we went to our church's pancake breakfast at the park. I didn't take pictures. It was to early. Afterwards we came home, changed into our swim suits and headed to the beach. We went to Coronado Island. The Mortensen's, Grandma & Grandpa, Jonathan and his girlfriend, Alisha, were there too.
The kids enjoyed the waves, water and sand. We saw dolphins and lots of pelicans. We had a great time and when it was time to leave Jen's car didn't want to go. About an hour later and a AAA visit the surburban made it back. Jen and Damon stayed at the beach and waited for the car to be fixed. I piled 11 people in my 7 passenger van, all seat belted by the way, and got them to my house. It was quite the experience.
We had our special back to school dinner Monday night. It was yummy lasagna. We set personal goals for the school year and a family goal. We did this last year as well. Our family goal this year is Carpe diem. Yes it means seize the day, but for us it is more like making each moment count, living each day to the fullest, getting the most out of life. We will see how it goes. Lily was so excited all day saying, "It's our special dinner tonight", or "I can' wait for special dinner". It was really cute.
Tuesday.... The beginning of a new school year. The beginning of a new phase of life. It should be an interesting year. We managed to get ourselves ready for school and out the door by 8:35am. Damon came with us this year to take the kids to school. We walked all the kids to their classes, took pictures and said goodbye. Yes, I did get a little teary eyed when I hugged Lily goodbye. I couldn't help myself. The kids all had a great day. I spent the day cleaning. I'm still not done, but they boys' room and Lily's room look fabulous! Only 8 weeks til Thanksgiving break!

1 comment:

Heather said...

When mommy gets home, the mommies need to hit the beach!