Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Fun

I find Halloween a very exhausting holiday. I would much rather celebrate fall in general, but since Halloween is a big holiday in fall I am forced to celebrate it. This past Friday I went to 3 Halloween parties at school. The kids absolutely love it when I show up and if I am going to continue to win the best mother of the year award I must make an appearance in all classes. It's very exhausting, but again the prize is mother of the year.



I made some Lollicakes for Noah's class only to fall two short so I didn't take them to his class. We have been enjoying them here. There were way cute, easy after I figured out what to do and way yummy. I'm almost glad they didn't go to class.
Saturday we had the Trunk or Treat at the church.

We didn't go Trick or Treating this year since Halloween fell on a Sunday. We, as parents, just didn't feel like it was an appropriate Sabbath day activity. We got together with some of our other friends and had an enjoyable dinner at there house. It was great getting together with friends and that way our kids could all be miserable together since they weren't going Trick or Treating. They had a great time too though. I made a pumpkin spice cake that was delicious.


So glad Halloween is over. Now let's get on to more real holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bring on the calories and the treadmill. It's time to get baking!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I must admit I am so glad that I missed all of that this year! Even Quinn's party - Hawaii just wins out every time!