Friday, December 3, 2010

'Tis the Season

The holidays are in full swing at the Afualo household. We got our tree, decorated it and the house. The cards are ordered. The Advent calendar was actually put up on time this year and we are having a lot of fun with it. We got a smaller tree this year to avoid some of the craziness that comes with a tall tree. Well, the smaller tree brought the same issues. We ended up having to get a bigger tree stand and it was still a pain to get in the house and set up. Every year we tell ourselves we are going to get a fake tree and every year we end up with a real one. We just love them and their pine smell.


We rushed to get everything done early since Damon was going to be in Taiwan for a little bit. That was a great motivator. Maybe I should have him do that every year.

Time to get baking.

4 comments:

jlk said...

You know what you need? Pillowcases... :)

Julie and Pete said...

It looks beautiful! Where are your new chairs?

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

I looks so festive and pretty! I like a fresh tree too, but I also like tons of lights and I hate putting them on the tree. My compromise is a pre-lit tree and yummy Scentsy that smells pretty close to the real thing. Not exactly the same...but good enough.

Heather said...

It's looking pretty festive - I must say that once we went fake we never looked back!
A pretty fake tree with prelit lights=the best!