Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

We left Monday morning to drive to St. George to spend our Thanksgiving Holiday with Damon's family. We had a nice drive. We stopped in Las Vegas to visit the M&M store. It was Lily's idea. We also noticed how fast the temperature was dropping the closer we got to our destination.

Tuesday we celebrated Damon's birthday. He was well taken care of by his parents. He had cake, got to golf, relax, and go out to dinner. It was a good day for him. My sister and BIL also stopped by that day on their way to Vegas.

Wednesday we took the kids to go see Tangled. It was a cute movie although Lily was bawling at the end because she thought the fake mother was really mean and that Flynn had died. I can't take that girl anywhere without her getting emotional now a days. She must get that from her dad. Auntie Dara and Uncle Brian came that night and the kids just love spending time with them. Damon and I were also able to go to the St. George Temple. We had a nice time there.
Thanksgiving morning Dara and I started the day out right with a good run... inside, not out. It was in the 20's*F. We drove to Las Vegas to have dinner with some extended family members. The kids got to meet some more cousins and enjoyed their time there.
Friday Damon and I went shopping and had a fun time. Every year Damon complains about going with me and then he ends up getting the most stuff.

Saturday we came home. That was a nightmare. No accidents just a lot of cars on the road. We ended up stopping by my parents house to eat dinner which is always nice. The kids were so lucky that they got to see all their grandparents in one day. We were sad to hear about the Cougar loss to the utes, but I guess we can't win every year, although it would be really nice.

We have 15 days of school left before our month long winter break. It will go by fast. Now it's my turn to get ready for the holidays!

1 comment:

erika said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I love the picture of you guys in front of the temple.