When I was in the 3rd grade my choir teacher at school wanted me to audition for an all girl choir. I did with a couple of my other friends and we all made it. We made it to the training choir. We were in it for a year. After that I auditioned for the Concert choir and I made it in there as well. For the next few years I practiced twice a week, had concerts, tours and choir camps with mostly the same girls and the same choir director. This same director, Sue, also directed the Phoenix Girls Chorus when my little sister was in it years later.
Last weekend they had a concert to celebrate Sue. I didn't find out about it in time to get over to Phoenix, but it has sent a rekindling of friendships and memories on facebook. It has been so fun to see everyone's old pictures from concerts, camps and tours.Girls Choir was such a big part of my life. It's been fun to relive it. Even with the puffy hair, teased bangs and braces.

2 comments:
Do you know that Sue is starting another choir for 16-30 years old?
How fun - I wish that you were over at Miramar Ranch to help me start choir again - you sound way more experienced than me!:0)
Post a Comment