When the Dr. called and said that there was an abnormal growth that needed to be removed nothing really crossed my mind. I didn't think my life was ending. I didn't even think it would be that big of deal. When he said, "You have to pretend that you are a very old person during recovery" is when my questions started flying. So what do you mean a really old person? Can I not workout? Can I not stretch? All along those lines. His words, "Well if the stitches tear there really won't be anything to sew back up." Lovely.
So here I sit on the eve's eve of what the Dr. called "minor surgery", but what I like to call a procedure because the kids freak out with the word surgery wondering what my life will be like while my back heals. I'm not one of those people who can sit still without thinking of a million things I need to be getting done. I've got a stack of books and dvds to pass the time.
Poor Damon. Nothing stresses him out more than his wife seeming mortal. I'm really never down for the count. Hopefully he will hold down the fort for 12 days.
As for us stay at home moms there is never anything minor about being out of commission.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Old people can blog. How did it go?! Hope you're on the road to recovery.
You did good.
I love your last quote - it is true - stay at home moms don't get sick days. It sounds like you were able to take care of yourself and have a wonderful celebration at the end of it all. I'm glad you're doing well - it's always so fun to catch up with you on your blog. Makes me think I better catch up on mine...
Post a Comment