Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year!

Wow! 2011. It seems like it was just 1999. Damon and I have spent so many New Year's Eve's together, I can barely remember not spending it with him. We had a Rockin' New Year's Eve at Mortensen Manor. We had all night celebrating with good food and games with the kids. We did a language/country matching game. The kids learned how to say "Happy New Year" in 16 different languages. It was pretty fun. Then at 9pm we brought in the New Year with the East Coast with noise makers, poppers and the ball drop. The kids went to bed right afterwards.

The adults brought in the New Year at Midnight and filled in the rest of the time with more games, more food and lots more fun.

We started off 2011 with the traditional French Pancakes and the Rose Parade, which was fabulous. We walked, we cooked, we ate and partied some more. It's been a great start to the new year.

Here's to 2011. I am feeling optimistic for 2011 and have high hopes for this year.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

wow. I look tired/awful. I hope no one I know reads this:)

Heather said...

Happy New 2011! I need to have high hoes that I can do the tri! You are probably already training!

A Mormon at Oxford said...

this was so fun to read. You guys look like you had a fabulous time. It makes me miss my Updike cousins.

Julie and Pete said...

Your celebrating looks fun. Wish we were there! Hope you had a fun time at Disneyland!