Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Love!

Mother's day is a wonderful day. We've had a wonderful weekend together celebrating. It's been so nice to spend the time with Damon and the kids. (I had this whole thing done and then blogger broke and I lost everything except the first sentence. grr) They spoiled me.

Saturday after our chores were done we went to the San Diego Zoo. The animals did not disappoint. The lions were great, we saw the most beautiful red bird. I think it was a scarlet Ibis. We loved spending the time with each other.

Saturday night we went to our church for a silent and live auction. The girls were raising money for girl's camp this summer. We won what we bid on so it was very exciting. We also got some cute pictures taken of us by our fabulous friend, Heather.
Sunday morning I awoke to the smell of bacon. Damon and the boys were making me an omelet. Yummy. I got to open my gifts from Damon and the kids and I was feeling the love. I loved the card, the drawings, and the Life Saver necklace. Damon shocked me the most with this...

and this.
Damon slaved over a yummy chicken Alfredo dinner. The kids helped make dessert. Yummy brownies, strawberries, ice cream and hot fudge. My favorite! Damon remembered when we were in Phoenix that I said how much I loved the Mary Coyle's dishes that they served their ice cream in. He went online and found them. Now we eat our ice cream in super pretty dishes and I get to think of Mary Coyle's and remember all the memories that I have of that place. It was really nice.
I love being a mom. It hasn't always been easy and there are times when it is down-right lousy, but my kids and my spouse enrich my life so much that I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.

2 comments:

Kelly Mo said...

Um, Holy Ring Batman!! That is amazing! It sounds like you had a lovely day.

Heather said...

You were indeed spoiled - just like you should be!! :0)