Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Field Trips


I am trying to make the kids time off school more enjoyable. I would prefer to spend it on a couch reading, but they don't thing that is very fun. On Tuesday we went to Balboa Park to enjoy their free museum day. We went to the Fleet Science Center and the Model Railroad Museum. We ran into a lot of kids from school so I guess I wasn't the only one with a brilliant idea. We had lunch at the park afterwards. The weather has been great so it is fun to be outdoors.

On a much sadder note, last night while I was finishing up my Tuesday Night Biggest Loser walk, I heard a pop on my treadmill. I thought to myself, "That didn't sound very good". I looked underneath and sure enough a piece had broken. After some online research I found it is a piece that can not be replaced. I am so near tears about it. I have had the machine for 4 years and I love it. I guess a new one will be joining our family soon. So here's to you, oh fabulous treadmill, for keeping me in shape, keeping me exercising during Oregon's wet winters, or when it was to dark outside to run by myself. I shall miss you.

3 comments:

jlk said...

Are they still off?

Heather said...

Oh.. I am dying for your treadmill - what a bummer!

I need to get back into working out again - I am blimping out right now!

Keira said...

I just got new running shoes. If it gets a little warmer I'm off.

Love the new background, btw.