Thursday, November 26, 2009

A day of Thanksgiving

What a turkey day! It is a day of thanks as well. We had a great day with Damon's family. All his siblings were in St. George for Thanksgiving dinner and it was so much fun to have all the noise of the cousins running around. They had a great time together. Lily really enjoyed having someone younger than her to run around with.




I must give more of my gratefuls because I am thankful for all that I have been blessed with.

22- I am grateful for good choir practices. I am also appreciative of my fabulous pianist.

23- I am really, eternally grateful for my super spouse. We have been together for 13 years now and I still love him so much

24-I am really grateful that the CHP that pulled Damon over 5 minutes after we left our house for our trip to Utah, doing 79 in a 65 zone, did not give him a ticket. That really would have ruined our Thanksgiving.

25- I am thankful for the roof over my head and the food we have to eat

26- I am really grateful for those pilgrims, my ancestors, who braved the unknown and got on a little boat to seek out religious freedom.

27- I know I will be really grateful for the treadmill so I can burn off all the calories I consumed yesterday

28- I will be really grateful if BYU beats utah (yes it is lower case. They don't deserve capitalization) today in the football game.

What was the best thing you ate at Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

Heather said...

I had the world's biggest piece of coconut cream pie for Turkey day and than I also got the chance to burn 1100 calories on the elliptical while my little sick man was sleeping!
Looks like you had fun! That family picture is so cute!

MBlairsLars said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rachel! Please give your family a big hug from us. We miss you guys!