
I had another triathlon today. It was a bit different then all the other because I did an Olympic size one and not a sprint. My sister felt that our sprint tris were getting to easy for us. I thought it was a great idea until the night before the race when I wanted to do the "easy" race. Lily and I drove up to my sister's house on Friday afternoon. The boys enjoyed their "boys" night with Daddy.
I started my race this morning in Lake Perris. It wasn't to cold so that was nice. What it was though was foggy. I couldn't see the path markers in front of me and kept swimming off course. Some where at the beginning at the race I wanted to quit. I was so ready to swim over to the life guard boat and say "pull me up. I am done". I didn't. I stuck with it. I started to view the water as my adversity and I didn't want to let it in. I ended up swimming most of the race with backstroke because I could breathe easier. I finally made it in.The bike was easy for me this time. I have been spending most of my time training for the bike part of the race. I didn't have issues on the hills and i fought my fear of going fast on the downhill rides. I almost got hit by a car who wasn't following what the police officers were saying. I also lost my water bottle when I hit a big bump. I was annoyed about that.
The run was great. I have trained for the 10K since school started so I really didn't have a problem with it. YEA!

6 comments:
Congrats, Rach! Get these Olympic Tris under your belt and pretty soon you will be an IronWoman! Dude, if you do an ironman, I will come to that race and cheer you on.
I am seriously exhausted just by reading that post. It makes me so tired to think about what you did. Great job, girl!
Good job Rach...your so inspiring. I need to get back in shape!
Congrats! I am glad everyone is appropriate for pictures this time:)
Still haven't seen the movie myself or my kids - you did awesome on the race and I can't believe that you took a trophy! WOW!!!
BTW - I don't blame you for not decorating for Thanksgiving! That race would have taken over all of my time!
Did you get my invite for the favorites party?
Awesome!! You didn't tell me that on the phone. Congratulations.
Congratulations! 3rd place is amazing :)
We haven't seen the movie yet either. We are waiting until it's at the cheap theater.
Post a Comment