Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Finally Looking Like...




CHRISTMAS!

Due to all the rain we kept getting, going out to get our Christmas tree took some time. Then bringing it in the house took some time. Then decorating it took some time. So after almost a week of having our tree it is finally up and decorated. No ornament casualties this year. We were pleased about that and after the kids went to bed I spent some time rearranging the tree to give it more balance. Most of the decorations were on the bottom half. We are thankful that the tree is up and looks nice.


Last Friday I took the kids to Disneyland one last time for the Holiday Season. I love Christmas there. We noticed that depending on what part of the park you are in is what type of Christmas music you get to listen too. In Frontierland you get lovely bluegrass versions of it. Main Street has big band sounds and California Adventure has more of a rock tone. So fun. We took our babysitter with us and had lots of fun. It rained a little, but we were prepared so it didn't bug us. There were hardly any lines which is always nice. I went on Tower of Terror with Adam and honestly that ride terrifies me. I leave that ride with a cold sweat. So pathetic I know. We went to Rainforest Cafe for dinner. We watched the Christmas Parade and Fantasmic. We were pretty tired Saturday.


All Saturday morning I was at the church with the choir that I was in and then the choir that I was directing. Both choirs performed on Sunday at separate events. So stressful and now that it is over I feel so relieved. My parents came down for both performances. The kids loved having them around. They think Grandma is the best because she told them that they could eat cake for a snack before dinner (I swear the woman who raised me would have never said that). The choirs, apparently, sounded great. We weren't any silent monks, but I was told everything sounded good.

I am so happy that there are only 4 more days of school.

5 comments:

MBlairsLars said...

Your house looks great as usual!!! I have one question though....Are you sick of Disneyland yet???

Keira said...

Tower of Terror leaves me walking the other way. Life is too short, I say.

Heather said...

You should be paid money for sponsoring Disney like you do! :0)
Your house looks very Christmassy and I am so sad that I missed your choir performance - isn't it so wonderful when it is over?

Caroline said...

I am shocked! I LOVE the Tower of Terror! The house does look nice. Is that supposed to be snowesque on your curtains or is that how they normally look? Because it looks cool.

Julie and Pete said...

Great tree and yes I'm jealous of your Christmas Disney trip.(I can't believe I'm confessing either!) The kids are already oversleeping but when they can sleep in I'm sure they won't!