Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the rooms, not a creature was stirring, only a broom. A broom that swept up wrappings and crumbs from all the clutter called Christmas fun. The children were nestled all snug in their beds and I, (of course it is always I) was running a muck trying to find my head. The Christmas Program was delightful the food was so yummy. Now everything is full, stockings and tummy. Were excited for Christmas and full of good cheer as we celebrate Christ's birth again this year.

We have had a lot of fun this week. We went to Sea World on Monday and had a relaxing time there. We had to come home and get the house ready for Nana and Papa's arrival. Tuesday we started having some fun. We made cookies, had a girls day at the spa, went last minute shopping, went carolling and went to the movies, where they started showing Sherlock Holmes instead of Princess and the Frog. Hopefully Lily won't have nightmares. The movie people fixed it after 5 mintues.




Tonight we decorated cookies for Santa and had our Christmas Program. The kids did a great job performing what they had practiced. Lily decided at the last minute to throw in a manger scene. Our dinner was provided by Chin's Chinese Restaurant. I believe that will become a new tradition. Everyone had to try chop sticks. That was funny.

All is ready for tomorrow. And now I say, "And to all a good night!"

2 comments:

Julie and Pete said...

Okay too funny! I just posted and then checked yours. We thought the same way!! Merry Christmas.

Heather said...

Too funny - we go to Chin's on Bart's side of the family the night before Christmas and sometimes the night before thanksgiving!

side note - I am getting way fat and need to start kicking my butt into high gear!