Friday, February 26, 2010

oh, to be a mom




At one point yesterday I had all three of my kids crying. And of course it is a night when Damon wasn't home. Noah was crying because life isn't fair. His parents get to go on an airplane in May. Adam gets to go to the zoo on a field trip and next Friday spend the whole day at school reading (in honor of Read Across America). He never gets to do anything fun and Adam gets to do everything. Adam was crying because he was so excited to play Wii. I wouldn't let him because it was 7pm and time to unwind, not get all hyper. He burst into tears. Well, honestly. They could have played Wii at 4pm instead, but they were outside playing with all the neighbors. (I really am a terrible mom). Lily was in tears because she missed her dad and because she wants a sister. The latter is almost a nightly thing now. She was so distraught Wednesday night because my tummy was never going to get big with a baby, her words, not mine. I just can't please anyone now a days. I will still try to love them.

4 comments:

MBlairsLars said...

Lilly's problem is easily taken care of, and your still young! I will be there is March, hopefully you are around!

Julie and Pete said...

Kids don't get to make the decisions!! If your kids never got unhappy with you you wouldn't be doing your job! Hang in there.

Keira said...

That's right. If your kids aren't upset at you, you're not doing it right.

Erika said...

Great picture of you guys. And you are a great mom!