Thursday, February 4, 2010

Is it Enough


As a mom, I often ask myself, "I'm I doing enough for my kids?" By enough, I don't mean spoiling them rotten or indulging every whim. I mean, are they getting enough sleep, or they eating healthy enough, are the people they hang out with nice enough. Nothing makes me question my "enoughs" or feel like a complete failure than when I can't help them get better when they are sick. When everything seems to be going wrong and nothing I do can make it better makes me ask, "Am I really good enough for this?"

Things are better now. Even the Dr's can't fix viruses. It was a crazy one that went through the kids as well as Damon. It seems even worse when Adam's asthma is triggered. Nothing stresses me more and makes me feel inadequate than trying to take care of him and making sure he keeps breathing and his lungs don't shut down. That didn't happen either. Sometimes the copay at the Dr's is worth it for the peace of mind it brings. Illness is a very humbling experience.

My kids are worth every enough question I ask myself. I will continue to do enough for them. I may not be crafty, creative or have all the time in the world to give to them, but I will have enough.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Girly - You're a great mama and I know how humbling sick kids can make you! Glad that they are feeling better!

jlk said...

Rach -- you are seriously one of the best moms ever. You are more than enough!

MBlairsLars said...

Your the best Mom....you kids are so glad to be yours....I should be asking myself that question! Give the family a hug from us!

Michelle said...

You're an awesome mama. Aside from being brilliant and diligent, you're also a whole lot of fun. Those Valentine's day crafts look so much fun that I want to make one!