I envisioned what this cake would look like and then got to work. During the whole process I realized what I should have done differently to make it better and decided maybe I should have stuck to just a square shape cake with frosting on it. When a friend came over and asked what it was I knew I was in trouble. The end result turned out OK and the kids could figure out what it was. Damon laughed when he saw it, but since he kept out of it I didn't care about his opinion.
It was a fun birthday party and I am happy to saw Noah's birthday week is officially over. I am beat today. I am sure my insulin levels are all messed up today due to all the cake that was eaten yesterday. Someone had to eat all the shavings and I was the only one around. I am sure by tomorrow this sugar hangover will be gone, but as of right now I feel horrible. My kids are worth it though.

5 comments:
Happy Birthday, Noah!!
Great job Rach....and happy b-day Noah!!!
That cake is really cool. You are the best mom ever :)
OK, so it wasn't that the cake wasn't recognizable....it's mostly because I didn't know what you were making it FOR!! :) If I had known Noah was having a bday part I would have put 2 and 2 together.
I think it turned out great....I should have made you give me the cake scraps! Oh, wait, never mind.
fun party but what was the cake supposed to be?... seriously! A bomb? A firework? It looks cool for a boy party - I'll give you that!
Post a Comment