Damon left for what was to be a week long high adventure with the scouts. All I am going to say about that is they came home a day and a half early.Noah had his last band concert of the year. He has improved greatly on the trumpet and really enjoys playing it. We have really been happy with him developing new talents. We are so proud of him.
Lily started swim lessons and has improved greatly over the past week. She has conquered her acquired fear of the deep in. She acquired it last year after some horrible lifeguards took her in the deep water for class and didn't pay attention and I had to rescue her from drowning. Anyway... she is doing marvelously and loves being in the pool. She has even figured out how to get her little weightless body to the bottom of the shallow end to retrieve rings. Eventually she will figure out side breathing.
Adam is patiently waiting for school to end so he can start swim lessons. He still loves absolutely everything. He is most excited for his 8th birthday which is coming up faster than I can plan for. Why does time go by so fast?
For Field Trip Thursday we went to the pool all afternoon and then went out to dinner. Since Damon ended up coming home early he met us at the pool and we had a lovely time together.
Saturday was a fun day. We did chores in the morning and then in the afternoon we went over to the Shoff's house to celebrate Independence Day and Caroline Shoff's 3rd birthday. We had lots of fun over there and a lot of great food, with lots of great people! The men folk cooked and had to clean up and then put the kids to bed.
Saturday night I went out with some of the girls to see the movie Eclipse. I must say that the movies are getting better, but I still don't like the screenwriter's adaptation. We still managed to have fun. It's great having friends! Our eyeballs are all red because we were feasting upon human blood. Just kidding. It must have been the soda we were drinking, right Erika? Today is America's 234th birthday. I feel like I need to say something in order to recognize what a great day it is. I read the Declaration of Independance every 4th of July. It's words are very sturring. Those men who signed put their faith in God and a country that hadn't even taken off the ground yet and started to build something great. I am so glad they did.
Today after church we went up to MoValley to my Aunt's house for FHE and 4th of July fun. We celebrated all the July birthday's which happened to be all in my family. My SIL, my niece, nephew and of course Lily. She was the only one there so she was very excited to blow out all the candles. We also learned a little bit about my great-grandfather's life and some history about the Horspool name. It actually was quite interesting and my kids and all the other cousins really enjoyed it.

2 comments:
I'm glad you made the comment at the very end because I was trying to figure out who those people were in our family.
My blog looks the same way as we get so busy and only have time for a quick catchup - you just wait until Summertime -I have been so neglectful of blogging - but beach or blog - the beach wins every time!
Post a Comment