Monday, December 17, 2012

An Extra Special Weekend

The 14th of Dec. was the last day of school for my elementary kids.  And by last day, I mean the real last day since they aren't  going back to that school after the break.  I have a lot of emotions about that and the past few days have been extremely hard. 

On the 13th we did going away parties for both of their classes.  It was exhausting, but I am so glad I was able to do that for my kids.  I can't imagine what it's like to move in the middle of a school year, or actually at all since I never had to do it so I am trying to make it a little bit special for them.

So I picked up the kids a bit early on the 14th and we headed to Anaheim.  We spent the afternoon there and stayed at a hotel by Disneyland.  We didn't stay in the park long because it was wet and the kids were kind of tired. 

The next morning we headed in to Los Angeles to visit the American Girl Doll store.  Lily has been wanting to go so I decided we better do it before we left CA.  The boys were good sports about it.

After that we headed to the California Science Center.  It was a nice big museum with lots of cool things, but the best of all was the space shuttle Endeavor.  It was amazing seeing that.  We all enjoyed it.

 I saved once last surprise for the kids.  After LA we went to Malibu to visit our friends, the Shoff's.  The kids were so excited to go up and visit them.  Noah told me it was his favorite part of the whole weekend.  We spent the night with them and then headed home on Sunday.  I think it was a really nice treat.

No comments: