Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Traditions

 I'm really trying hard to keep up with some of the Christmas traditions so the kids feel like life is "normal". It's exhausting, but I know they are enjoying it.  We have had some fun doing our favorite things.
Picking out our Christmas tree.  The kids called it the Charlie Brown Christmas tree because it is so small.  I didn't want to do a big one this year.  We still loved picking it out and smelling all the wonderful pine smells.
 It's not Christmas unless you decorate sugar cookies.  Well, that's what the kids think.  It's hard to make them though when all your cookie cutters are packed.  We tried our best though.
 The kids Christmas program at church is a tradition that is so wonderful.  We were especially glad this night because Damon was coming back to us for the weekend.  It was a great program and the kids always love when Santa shows up.  Every time we go to the Christmas program I think of the book, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever", or was it the Worst.  One of those.  Does anyone else remember that book?

No comments: