I really despise being a single parent, but tonight finds me alone conquering dinner and bedtime routines by myself. Meeting schedules don't always fit between the 9-5 workday. It is always exhausting to be by oneself. I thought I would get the blog done before I go get on the treadmill. Actually I am trying to kill 20 minutes before the new Twilight trailer is online. And I really don't want to get on the treadmill. I am so excited for the Twilight movie. It seems so silly to be this excited, but I get this way right before the Harry Potter movies come out too.
Our field trip choice was made by Noah this week and he wanted to go to the beach. Well we have been having wretched summer like weather this whole week so I thought
going to the beach would be safe. The funny thing about living where we do (the east side of SD) it can be hot and sunny here, but just 10 miles away it can be cold and cloudy. And you never know until you cross the 5 freeway. It has also dropped about 10 degrees since yes
terday. What we found at the beach today was sunny, with a thick marine layer threatening to close over the sun with a chilly wind. We still had fun and the wind would die down every once in a while and it was quite pleasant. The water looked beautiful today and the waves were huge and rough due to a hurricane brewing down near Baja. We had a nice lunch and dug some big holes and the kids chased the waves, or I think it was the other way around. I don't recall the waves ever running away.
Well now only 10 minutes til the trailer. It's almost tolerable.

1 comment:
I love that you do the field trip days - what a cool mom! That is a great tradition that the kids will always remember. Don't you miss the windy, freezing cold Oregon beaches? (o: Call me crazy, but I love them. Although your pictures look pretty darn nice. Sunshine at a beach - what a concept!
Post a Comment