Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Happy Day for Mom

Well, I must say that this year's birthday was much better than last year. Last year was spent watching all of SoCal burn and having to be evacuated from our home. This year although another hot day and very windy, which is fire weather, we managed to stay in our home and have fun. Lily and I went to the beach after a session with my trainer at the gym. We had a lovely time except the sea gulls kept attacking our stuff. Lily was my go to girl as she ran towards them screaming, "roar" as loud as she could. It was pretty funny.


When we got home and "desanded" Damon was home. That made us girls happy. He came home early and then walked to school to pick up the boys so I wouldn't have to. He made a wonderful dinner and an even better chocolate cake and baskin robins ice cream. He even mixed up the numbers on my cake to make me feel better. (although I admit to myself that I can't pass for 23) He then cleaned up the whole kitchen which was a huge mess (I hadn't done dishes all day) and I got to sit and watch all the TV shows that I had recorded from the past few weeks. I also got to talk to everyone in my family and some really good friends. It was a great day!


My friend Kelly from Phoenix had these mailed to me

My friend Wendy brought me flowers



My wonderful husband bought me these babies!


It was a good day! Thanks lovely for making it nice. And to all those who forgot. Shame on you. Just kidding.

5 comments:

Kelly Mo said...

I am glad that it was such a happy HAPPY day! I love and MISS you!!

MBlairsLars said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I have a lovely gift for you that I will be bringing by!

jlk said...

Happy Birthday!! Shame on me, indeed ;)

Heather said...

You look so cute in those pictures and could totally pass for 23 - don't tell anyone otherwise!
Again - Happy Late Birthday1!!!

Keira said...

Happy, happy birthday! That cake looks soooo good. Did Damon make?