Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday Field Trip on Wednesday


Well, carnivals look better at night so the Thursday field trip took place on Wednesday night and Damon was able to join us. We had a lot of fun at the pretend pumpkin patch with carnival rides. The kids thought they had died and gone to heaven. After my second spinning ride I wish I had died. The rides last forever. Adam loved the big jumpy. Noah loved the fun house with the big hamster wheel and Lily loved the Strawberry ride. Damon was quite happy just taking pictures.








In these pictures Noah was walking in the hamster wheel and Adam was yelling, "I can see the freeway from here."





It was my week to teach preschool and what a week it was. My brain is mentally done for the day and I am happy preschool is only 2 days a week. We learned about Halloween and Halloween safety. We had a costume parade and made lots of fun treats. We made Frankenstein pudding, witch cupcakes, scary apple smiles and spider crackers. It was very messy. The kids were all so cute in their costumes. We had a dance off to win prizes and played lots of fun games. The kids were all tired afterwards. So was the teacher. (and the last thing to make this a really wonderful day is that my piano is being tuned right now. it really is the most annoying thing to sit through. aaaaagh)


Our real Thursday field trip was getting flu shots. Not to exciting, but the boys got to get out of school early and that made them happy. Happy Halloween everyone!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Soo cute and I am glad that you stole some of my ideas for your preschool class! Don't they say that Imitation is the best form of flattery!

We also had so much fun at the pumpkin patch!

Julie and Pete said...

So sad you had to visit a "pretend" pumpkin patch!! Just kidding. We visited the Winco pumpkin patch this year so you still did better than us. Lily looks adorable. Happy Halloween!!

Gina said...

It sounds like you guys had a fun time. We did Schneph farms last year and that was really fun. Your preschools sounds fun too. I think you deserve a Holy-Stink You Are Amazing Award too.

Keira said...

We visited the QFC pumpkin patch this year. We left it too late for anything else.

Am I the only adult that wants to ride in the Strawberry?