Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Night


Trick or Treating always brings out the excitement in all of us. Noah was off with the neighborhood kids as soon as we finished off our yummy pizza dinner. He and 4 of the other kids from the culdesac were gone for about and hour and a half. Damon volunteered me to take Lily and Adam out and I assigned him to clean up from dinner since I was out. After the 1st 5 houses Lily was done so I actually carried her to all the other houses we went to. Adam would have gone all night had I not gotten tired from carrying Lily. Adam proudly announced that he was not going to any houses that had No on 8 signs or Obama signs in their yards. I told him we had to respect people even if their opinions were different than ours (and wrong). So we went to their houses as well. After the big kids got back we had some of the neighborhood kids over for apple cider and Halloween cartoons. We also made more Frankenstein pudding and witch cupcakes. By 9pm the little trick or treaters were all nestled in their beds while visions of all the sugar they could ingest the next day danced in their heads. We had a fun Halloween.

Earlier that day Lily and I went to visit Damon at Motorola. His company sets up trick-or-treating for the kids of their employee's. We were able to go around the entire building and meet some of the people Damon works with. Everyone just absolutely loved Lily. How can you not. After we were done Damon treated his girl's out to lunch at this place called the Oasis. Thanks Damon. Your girls had fun.

6 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun night - I love the part with the apple cider and the Halloween cartoons. I actually found a lot of old cute cartoons on Youtube! I am so sad that it is over!
now it is time to stress out about Christmas!

Julie and Pete said...

So cute! The boys look great too. I'm glad you had a fun Halloween.
Julie

Keira said...

That princess Jasmine costume would never fly in Oregon--brrrrrr.

My question is: Who had the better candy--McCain's or Obama's?

linda said...

Your kids are so darling, they look like both of you.

jlk said...

That sounds like fun! I especially like the part about going to lunch with Damon. I love going to lunch with Curly ;)

Julie and Pete said...

By the way, your fireplace looks fantastic!!
Julie